Hi all ,
As i wrote in my previous article that you can find here : CallViaPhoneAdvanced , this plugin is developed for SNOM phone and Lync 2010/2013 and permit to control the phone with right click on a contact in Lync (Lync contacts, Outlook contacts , Active Directory contacts) and start calls directly from the phone, like CTI (Computer Telephony Integration) .
We know that in WPC 2013 , SNOM demonstrate Enhanced Better Together that could be available at the end of 2013 , in Matt Landis blogpost here , you can find a detailed description. This new SNOM feature add a new driver in Lync that let you choose what default Audio device use for every call that you made from lync , these calls start from the phone , also when you receive a call you pick up the call from the phones and not from the client (if you have already configured the snom audio device in Lync down- left menu ), but a good things is that you when you are in conversation , you can switch this call between Lync client and snom phone.
So what’s the difference between CallViaPhoneAdvanced and SNOM EBT ? There are more than one difference and benefits :
- CallViaPhone Advanced doesn’t not require Lync user to have Enterprise voice for Outgoing call functionality (for example if you use snom phone connected to other vendors like asterisk, cisco ,etc.. and you use Lync with or without PBX integration )
- When you start a call , if you want to decide call per call which phone use (snom phone or lync client) with CallViaPhoneAdvanced you can.
- CallViaPhone Advanced allows future customization and it’s in continuous developing (Programming Phone keys, full interaction with any functionality available on the Phone)
Thanks to Michael LaMontagne, a very skilled Lync Expert in Canada , i also develop the incoming call feature that let you to answer an inbound call from the phone, this simple adding another toast in left side of Lync toast with an “Answer by Phone” button, simply and immediate for user experience. But starting from this imagine how many customization we can implement :
- when and incoming call arrive, start an external application with caller information (CRM?)
- Busy on second call or based on presence status
In addition i want to encourage who want try the application (15 days limited) to download from link below :
For last version please refer to this post.
Don’t hesitate to comment or ask information about it .